Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Calves of Doom


Today's boots - shot from the most unflattering angle possible. I purchased these awhile ago from a fat* lady clothing store which sells boots for people with ample calves. I love the color and the flat heel. I just don't know if these are perfect enough to make the list (there is a sponge worthy joke in here somewhere).

* in case you were wondering, I do not use the term fat pejoratively. It is an adjective that describes me and, if the news is to be believed, 95% of America. I find it is useful shorthand and use the word a lot. I tried to use chubtastic and fatty McGee but fat seems to fit better. Now that I've got you thinking about me and fat, I also note that I do not use the term in some sort of passive aggressive, disingenuous, self deprecating, plea for attention**. I am fat. I used to be thin. Someday I may be magenta or feathery or made of Life Savers. Who knows. The world is a strange place and I ingested some things in college that I probably shouldn't have.

** Do not infer that in other matters I am not passive aggressive, disingenuous, self deprecating, or an attention whore. I am all those things plus an assload of sarcasm.

So, um, what do you think of the boots?

1 comments:

t. said...

i really like this post. first, the boots. they fit really well but, if you're not feeling them, they should go to your 'no' pile.

i like to use the words 'plush' or 'chubs,' myself. monosyllabic is good. i'm not there yet to call myself fat -- i've a long way to go to fat power but, i appreciate the use of it in a factual manner. (even if it's about me.)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!