Tuesday, March 30, 2010

32 Flavors of Shoes - Ancient Asics Trainers

























I have not been to the gym since Clinton was in office. So why do I own so many pairs of sneakers? If I include my Converse All Stars - I own at least 10 pairs of sneakers. Which is absurd. More absurd is the fact that I persist on hanging on to these Asics trainers. I have other newer running shoes in case hell freezes over and I decide to do something more athletic than walk to the refrigerator for a snack. But these Asics have been with me forever and I cannot bring myself to part with them. Even though my cats have eaten the backs off of them. Even though the gel cushion seems to have hardened like the insides of a Stretch Armstrong doll that have been exposed to air. Even though they are not meant to be worn with street clothes.


Asics, why can't I quit you?

3 comments:

Julie Falatko said...

Well, they're pretty hip looking. But you should ditch 'em.

paelaf said...

just do it! ;)

anne said...

If these were my sneakers, you'd tell me to get rid of them! If they're that old, they're not good for your feet.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!