Thursday, May 19, 2011

And now for something completely different


After a few days of quasi-professional looks, I threw caution to the wind and went with something a little more free-spirited today. Yesterday I was in Burlington Coat Factory and saw two cute dresses - each $20. One was a sleeveless red sheath by Tahari (very grown up) and the other was this sundress. Given my age and profession, the Tahari was the far more practical choice. But the sundress spoke to me and reminded me of the patchouli scented summers of my youth and I ended up choosing it. Maybe not the smartest choice but I think I deserve a round of applause for only buying one dress.

In a nod to both the weather and my not-fit for public upper arms, I put on a sweater and tried to give myself a waist with a belt. I think I might end up altering the dress at some point, possibly making it a more practical skirt.

Dress (worn as skirt): ? via Burlington Coat Factory
Sweater: J. Crew
Sandals: Target
Belt: ? Ancient


1 comments:

Meagan said...

I love the pattern on this dress. It's the one I would have chosen too!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!