Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wear It 2/16/2011


It was an exciting morning at the deathstar household, I pulled these jeans out of the PiW (pants in waiting) pile and they fit. This means I can avoid doing laundry for a few more days.

Since I know your hearts can't take more excitement than that, I kept the rest of the outfit pretty dull. All for you gentle reader. It has nothing to do with the fact that I spent the morning watching NCIS Los Angeles and was running late.

Jeans and shirt: Old Navy
Sweater: GAP
Boots: Ugg
Belt: Betsy Johnson

5 comments:

Julie Falatko said...

I have such a mortal fear of belting. How have you managed to pull it off so nonchalantly?

matilda deathstar said...

It took me years to get here! The "secret" is belt way higher than you think. When I put the belt on this morning I had it just below my belly button and it did all sorts of unflattering things to my body. Then I pulled it in and placed it above my belly button and the unflattering bulges were minimized.

I read some article (yes someone wrote an article about belting) that said you should use thin belts when belting heavy fabrics and thick belts for thin fabrics but clearly the lesson didn't take as this is a thick belt and thick sweater.

Julie Falatko said...

Ok, I'm totally trying this tomorrow with a cute belt I got at Goodwill. We'll see if it makes it farther than my closet.

Julie Falatko said...

Belted sweater was a disaster. I looked ridiculous. Whole outfit works unbelted, though, at least.

anne said...

I can't belt either. It's always a disaster. I end up looking like Kenny's Mom from South Park.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!