Monday, May 10, 2010

matilda versus the shirt (spoiler the shirt wins)

It is almost 5pm here in Gotham. I have been at work since 7am. I have spent most of the day in court - a large public forum. Until about 14 minutes ago, I had been congratulating myself on having put on a proper blouse to wear with my suit. Faithful readers know that in lieu of a retirement plan I have invested heavily in t-shirts and wear them with everything, including suits. But not today. Today I pulled out a proper blouse. I don't know the origin of the blouse but I assume it is mine since it was in my closet. It is black, short sleeved, with ruffles on the placket. It is made of a sheer man-made material which is why the designers had the good sense to include a black cami to be worn under the shirt.

So I've been high on the feeling that comes when you are appropriately dressed for an occasion. So high that I assumed the copious amounts of male attention I have received today has been because of my brilliant legal mind and my brilliant legal arguments. So high that I did not notice until just now that I failed to put on the blouse properly and the black cami has not been where it should be. Instead, I have been walking around with one boob exposed! In the interests of full disclosure the boob is encased in a crappy white bra that was never meant to been seen by anyone - much less the 50 or so people I stood before in court today.

Vacation tomorrow night. Can not come soon enough.

1 comments:

Quizshow said...

Shirts with attached camis are always a disaster especially for those of us with boobs. While I haven't had one boob escape, there was an unfortunate incident involving some back fat that I prefer not recount.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!