Monday, July 16, 2012

Take your nightgown to work


I bought this dress ages ago back when I was still under the delusion that I was going to learn to sew and could alter this dress to make it more fitted and less nightgowny.  Sadly my sewing plans have not quite panned out the way I wanted.  Rather than give up on a perfectly good $6 thrift store find, it occurred to me last night that I could fake the alterations by cinching the waist with a belt and wearing a fitted blazer (you cannot tell in the photo but the dress has a front zipper from the waist up which I am wearing half open). 


I actually like the result and I think it looks like a proper dress.  I am also super excited about my new bracelet! I love Trina Turk but she is usually out of my price range.  So when I saw this on clearance for 80% off, I jumped at it.


Dress: ? via Goodwill
Blazer: Old Navy
Bracelet: Trina Turk
Shoes: DV for Target


Close up of bracelet





1 comments:

Unknown said...

This dress with the belt and blazer look great on you! funny thing is I just went belt shopping yesterday! Found two skinny leather belt from Ann Taylor on sale for 50% off! I was inspired by another blogger who is so good at belting most of her outfit. I think the right belt can defintely change the whole look of an outfit :)
Let's belt!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!