Monday, April 12, 2010

Progress


I am 75% done with the great closet clean out of 2010. I did not take a before photo because I don't want any documentary evidence available when I get sent to debtor's prison for single handedly putting Old Navy, Hayden Harnett, and Rebecca Minkoff in the black, or for my husband to use to nominate me to the show Hoarders.

I have decided to show a peak of my progress so far. The shelves in the back used to be stuffed with shoes - many of which have been repatriated to the shoe rack behind the door or listed for sale . I have moved my folded sweaters to bins on high shelves and put all my tanks and layering t-shirts in bins on the shelves (to be switched as the seasons change). I even moved my jewelry box to inside my closet. The biggest improvements? I can see the floor! I can actually move the hangers and remove a shirt as needed (and on this front I once again must sing the praises of velvet hangers.).

4 comments:

moth said...

congratulations!
I aspire to find the floor of my closet soon.

t. said...

congratulations!

it looks so organized and functional. i love the bins, the shelves and those velvet hangers do seem to take up less space. great idea putting your jewelery box in the closet.

i was away for a week and the boy cleaned the closet that we share. he found my secret stash of cosmetics and gifts. eep. he secretly wonders if i'm a hoarder too.

Lez said...

Looking great in there!! Love the behind the racks hooks idea!

Lauri said...

Great job md. I aspire to find the floor of my closet too! First though, I must get to the closet door!! lol --->yet I am serious (I can see above door knob and above)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!